Strolling Along The King's Road

It amazes me how often I am able to post and link up with Sunday Stash. I would say, indeed, argue vociferously, that I don't buy that much. It does seem however, that I am link up with worrying regularity. Unfortunately Molli Sparkles doesn't seem to have a link up this week. Not to worry. Here we go anyway.

Last weekend my daughter and I did a trail along the King's Road and made a visit to Peter Jones. John Betjeman once said that he wanted to be in the haberdashery department of Peter Jones at the end of the world. Well, I wouldn't quite say that, but it is pleasant enough for a short while.

My daughter loves the Scion range of homeware. We spotted this fabric. The difficult thing was whether to buy the blue fabric with the foxes or the grey with the hedgehogs. The hedgehogs won the day. We bought 3/4 metre with a coordinating grey fabric. The plan for this is to make two envelope cushions, with a hedgehog stripe across the plain back. The surprise is that she will be helping me. Time the apprentice stepped up to the mark!


Whilst the lovely shop assistant was cutting this, we noticed another customer buying some scandi Christmas fabric. After we joked about Christmas planning in August, she told us the fabric was on offer, half price. Well, we all love a bargain. This isn't even a bargain but an essential purchase. Our wee family is growing, I feel the need to make a couple of extra Christmas stockings. Sustainable packaging. One year I will use no new Christmas paper or bags at all, that is my secret aim every year.


So my purchases this week aren't really purchases at all. More essential shopping type of thing.

I also bought some variegated  thread to quilt my Houndstooth quilt. I finished the flimsy yesterday, it needs a good press then I will blog it. I have ordered some gorgeous Karen Lewis fabric for backing. Gosh, there's another stash post coming up. Anyhow, this sulky thread? Too blue toned or purple enough? The photo is too dark, it has more of a dark lilac tone through the grey in real life.

 
 

From there, my husband and I  went to London for the International Athletics Finals. That was fun. I love these big sporting events. I am a little hazy sometime on the details, but I enjoy the atmosphere. And of the two of us, one of us  is usually certain of the detail! No photos I am afraid, all deleted. My phone is soo full, its delete one photo, take one photo time again.

Towards the end of the week, the postman came to visit. He brought me my Beeabee2017  blocks from Gina, aka Quilts and Cakes, paganquilter.com . Gina made me two brilliant blocks with winnie the pooh peeking in the windows. One is for the front, and I will use the second in the back or a coordinating toy bag. Gina also kindly included the rest of her winnie fabric for me to use. This is vintage fabric from Gina's stash, so it much appreciated.


Helen x

Comments

  1. I agree...they were essential purchases. ha ha ha ha They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely essential purchases. I adore that Winnie-the-Pooh fabric. I am a huge anything Disney fan and just purchased some Winnie-the-Pooh fabric myself. The project I'll be using it on isn't scheduled to be worked on until the beginning of 2018, but I wanted to be sure they didn't run out of the fabric. I think that makes my purchase "essential" too. Happy sewing! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I don't take part in any stash link ups!!! 🙈 That would be frightening!!!
    Love those hedgehogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Essential purchases...yes we all have those. Those hedgehogs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hedgehogs are so cute! And the thread sounds perfect. I look forward to hearing / reading more about the houndstooth quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Essential shopping." I shall be using that phrase as often as possible. I also laughed at your description of the sporting event being hazy. That's both of us. We call them all "sportsball"...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You chose between foxes and hedgehogs??? How could you abandon those foxes. I would have bought both. Love the Christmas tree fabrics. As a planner I am a big believer in sustainability but sustainable is a word that you won't hear much in US for the next couple of years. What is happening right now is far from sustainable. Sorry, I whined. Thank you for letting me vent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah hedgehog. I don't know why but I love them. Bought one last year in Japan and very carefully tacked away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.