Hey Ho and On We Go

Sunday again, this time the real Sunday. The decorators are finished, the house is clean and tidy and nearly back to normal, so there has been sewing again today. Normal service is nearly resumed.

I decided today was a good day to baste the houndstooth quilt. We went to St George's Market on the hunt for vinyl, then we made a quick detour to the Fine and Dandy Market in the Crescents Arts Centre for the first time. Wool was bought, as was vinyl, a win win all around then.

I came home and was all set for a little outdoor basting, and you guessed it, it started to cloud over. By the time I remembered where I had stored my rotary cutter and pins during the painting, it really looked like rain. I can't spray baste indoors because of my breathing. Of course by the time I got all laid out on the table, the sun came out. And its still out.



This houndstooth quilt is on my finish a long FAL list for quarter 2 which is finishing now. No way will this be quilted and bound by the end of the month. I do have a feeling that a flimsy might count now, that's a quilt that's pieced but not quilted so it might appear yet.

A little bit of actual sewing was done today as well. Bee Blessed 2 has resumed after the summer and their first block of the new academic term is the twisted block. The tutorial is by Sarah at Sew Me and it was fun and easy to make. I love how this looks in the bright colours against the white. I will remember this for myself.


I have still been hand piecing my Liberty epp hexies when I get the chance. I don't want this to be too big. It will be for ME. As I said before, for watching tv under and I have only short legs. I reckon I have about 6 or more circles made up. I will have to make some more as I go along. The placement is totally random. So random, that I don't like the tree dominant circles together. I really cant live with these, so I think some careful stitch ripping will be in order.


Hoping to make a move on with my bubble blocks, I have been trying to gather up a few more blacks.  It is quite hard to get modern quilting cottons that have a black background. Did I say that last week? I think I did. I gathered up a few more yesterday when I was buying wadding. None of them are really my taste, but they will all be cut up small and added in.


Lastly, two things. I mentioned I was at the Fine and Dandy Market today. I may have bought a skein of wool, I will share that again with the big brioche reveal. And secondly I am apologizing in advance. Because it is FAL round up  time, we have to revisit our finishes, and link them up separately. They can be written in the same blog post, but then each post has to be linked up. I just get a message stating that blog post has already been linked. So ....... a separate blog post each time it is. Don't worry, there aren't actually too many!

Helen x
linking up with Sunday Stash with Molli Sparkles

Comments

  1. I'm so glad the weather held for you to be able to get the basting finished today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looking good! We had brilliant afternoon today. 18degrees! but since no clouds in the sky it's really getting cold now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looking good! We had brilliant afternoon today. 18degrees! but since no clouds in the sky it's really getting cold now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yarn and vinyl...win, win indeed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone has been busy! Shopping, basting making bee blocks...I'm exhausted just reading it.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the garlic knots...someday I have to make that quilt. Moustache fabric - now that is funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're starting day 3 of rain. A nice slow soaker, 3.20" so far. We definitely needed it to get our wheat planted. Great weather for a little sewing & fall decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty quilts and projects! How big are your hexies - gotta love me some hexies! I'm going to be getting back to my Grandmother's Flower Garden very soon. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment, I try very hard to reply to them all.